Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Promoter-765G/C Gen COX-2 sebagai Faktor Risiko Terjadinya Karsinoma Kolorektal di Rumah Sakit Mohammad Hoesin Palembang

Triwani, Triwani Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Promoter-765G/C Gen COX-2 sebagai Faktor Risiko Terjadinya Karsinoma Kolorektal di Rumah Sakit Mohammad Hoesin Palembang. Project Report. Lembaga Penelitian Unsri.

[img]
Preview
Text
dr._Triwani_-_Single_Nucleotide_Polymorphimsm_Promoter-765G_C_Gen_COX-2_Sebagai_Faktor_Risiko_Terjadinay_Karsinoma_Kolerektal_di_Rumah_Sakit.pdf

Download (17MB) | Preview

Abstract

Colorectal Carcinoma (CRC) was a type of cancer that occurres due to neoplastic transformation of epitel cells in the colon and rectum. This type of cancer was known as the third leading killer cancer in the world. The research on promoter polymorphism -765G/C of COX-2 in Malay population that lived in Indonesia had not been carried out yet. This research was taken place in RSUP dr. Mohammad Hoesin, a state-owned general hospital located in Palembang, South Sumatera for 4 months which started from May 2012 until November 2012. Forty multi-ethnic patients with CRC, who domiciled in South Sumatera, participated in this research; there were 21 male patients (52.5%) and 19 female patients. Average age of patients observed was 47.70 ± 13.90 year-old. Seventy five percent of patients with CRC observed in this research had cancer in the rectum, and the remaining 25% of patients had it in the colon. Several findings of this research were that colorectal cancer was mostly found in male patients (52.5%) than in female patients (47.5%) ; most cancer cells developed in the rectum (75%) and the remaining 25% developed in the colon; and that 77.5% of research objects contracted adenocarcinoma, followed by mucinous adenocarcinoma which made up 17.5% of research objects, and adenosquamous adenocarcinoma which constituted 5% of research objects. Some findings on allele distribution were also revealed in this research. Distribution of genotype CC (mutant) was 10%, genotype GC (heterozygot) made up 10% of allele distribution, and genotype GG (normal) constituted 80% of gene. Meanwhile, allele C (mutant) distribution was 16% and the remaining 84% was allele G (normal). CRC genotype distribution in the colon with genotype GG, GC, and CC were 17.5%, 5%, and 2.5%, respectively. CRC genotype distribution in the rectum with genotype GG, GC, and CC were 62.5%, 5%, and 7.5%, respectively. Allele G and C found in the colon and allele G and C found in the rectum were 20%, 5%, 65%, and 10%, respectively. Genotype GG distribution in male was 40%, and in female it is only 32.5%; genotype GC in male was 10% and in female was 12.5%; genotype CC found in male 5% and in female 2.5%; allele G distribution in male was 45% and in female was 38.75%; allele C in male was 7.5% and in female was 8.75%. Distribution of genotype GG of adenocarcinoma, adenosquamous adenocarcinoma, and mucinous adenocarcinoma were 57.5%, 2.5%, and 12.5%, respectively; distribution of genotype GC of adenocarcinoma, adenosquamous adenocarcinoma, and mucinous carcinoma were 15%, 2.5%, and 5%, respectively; distribution of genotype CC of adenocarcinoma was 5%. Meanwhile, allele G distribution were 65% of adenokarsinoma, 3.75% of adenosquamous carcinoma, and 15% of mucinous adenocarcinoma; allele C distribution were 12.5% of adenocarcinoma, 1.25% of adenosquamous adenocarcinoma, and 2.5% of mucinous adenocarcinoma.

Item Type: Monograph (Project Report)
Subjects: R Medicine > R Medicine (General) > R5-920 Medicine (General)
Divisions: 04-Faculty of Medicine > 11201-Medicine (S1)
Depositing User: backup admin
Date Deposited: 13 Jan 2020 04:52
Last Modified: 17 Jan 2020 03:31
URI: http://repository.unsri.ac.id/id/eprint/22662

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item